Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Space X Falcon 9 with Dragon





Today SpaceX launched its Dragon spacecraft into low-Earth orbit atop a Falcon 9 rocket at 10:43 AM EST from the Air Force Station at Cape Canaveral. This is a very significant step towards getting the US space program back on its feet after the Space Shuttle program ends.
I was very fortunate to have people like Red Huber and Don Montague guide me in the proper techniques of setting up remote cameras for this launch. I will be forever indebted to them for their patience and expertise.
This was by far one of the coolest setups I have done to date and the space program just blows my mind!
I will be featuring a story on rockets and 'rocket clubs" in the upcoming issue of Orlando Sports Mag right after Christmas. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment